Field painting box – a streamlined take on a field painting box with wet panel storage, adjustable spring-loaded easel mechanism, and incorporated palette.
- Quick setup and take-down – open it up and get to painting.
- Friction hinges keep the lid at the angle it is opened to (similar to a laptop screen, but with enough torque to allow for painting without shifting the angle).
- Magnets are used in place of latches for simplicity.
- Glass pallet compatible – one side is removable and space is left to slide in a replacement palette (actually including the glass is only available as a local pickup option due to shipping difficulties).
- Lid stores and transports wet paintings and/or extra panels (up to four 1/8″ thick when placed back to back).
- Constant force spring in the integrated easel holds the panel while painting
- Magnetic easel base moves up and down to change the height of the panel while painting.
- The top and the bottom of the easel are adjustable to enable easily reaching to the entire surface.
- D-rings for a carrying strap.
- Threaded insert in bottom for attaching to a tripod or quick-disconnect plate.
- Flat bottomed design also allows for table-top or lap use.
- Satin poly-urethane finish adds protection and quality feel.
Materials: poplar, birch ply
- box sizes are determined by the panel size ( in inches) that fit in the lid.
- standard aspect ratio is square, but can be made to custom specifications (cost is determined by the largest side).
- overall dimensions add 2 1/2″ front to back, and 1/2″ from side to side.
- 3 3/8″ in thickness.
Estimated build time: 3-4 weeks